The C.D. Howe Institute is seeking a self-motivated collaborative individual to further the Institute’s social media initiatives and to continue building our online presence. Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Cohen Social Media Fellow, will bring extensive knowledge of Canadian public policy combined with superior communication skills. As an ambassador of the C.D. Howe Institute brand, the applicant must also have a keen sense of brand voice and tone. Applicants should have a proven ability to work both independently and as part of close knit team.
- Post-secondary degree and at least 3 years+ experience in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Public Policy or related field.
- Exceptional writing ability and strong communication skills; ability to communicate economic ideas in a short, clear non-technical fashion.
- Strong command of Canadian public policy issues, Canadian political economy and economics.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (especially Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro). Strong design sensibility an asset.
- Experience interpreting social channel analytics; proven ability of leveraging data analytics and listening tools to generate engagement.
- Record of earned media coverage is an asset.
- Engage target audiences through various social media to create interactive online conversations and communities.
- Increase stakeholder engagement, amplify brand, broaden Institute audience.
- Prepare compelling content for social media platforms with understanding of best practices around platform, any limitations around content use and appropriate audience engagement.
- Help Institute’s internal communications team manage online brand risk, identify potential threats and opportunities in real time.
- Maximize social media metrics to analyze results of social and digital media initiatives, competitive intelligence and research.
- Deliver monthly status reports: including standard social media metrics, improvements in brand presentation, notable interactions with influencers, and other relevant KPIs.
Start date will be as soon as possible, therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply without delay.
To Apply: We look forward to hearing from interested candidates. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being interviewed will be contacted.