Contribute to raising Canadians’ living standards to make Canada a great place to live, work and raise a family!
Do you have passion for planning and delivering world-class events? Are you experienced in organizing in-person and virtual events and webinars, and have a good eye for detail? Are you interested in public policy and have a good understanding of Canadian public policy?
If your answer is “yes”, keep reading!
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunities to do challenging and meaningful work
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan with employer match
- Annual Wellness Account
- Group benefit plan including health and dental benefits, as well as life insurance
- A hybrid work environment with prime downtown Toronto location close to transit
- Flawlessly execute approximately 40 events a year
- Follow high-quality event standards set by C.D. Howe Institute
- Ensure that all events are well-attended
- Contribute to the implementation of new event programming and strategy
- 2 - 4 years experience in event planning and logistics or similar experience
- Interest in putting together world-class events
- Strong administration skills
- Confident communicator
- Flexible thinker and problem solver
- Deep attention to details
- Ability to follow established processes and adhere to standards
- Customer service skills
- Organized, diligent, and proactive team player
- Interest in and understanding of Canadian public policy
- MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher
- Hospitality background
- Previous CRM experience (C.D. Howe Institute uses Salesforce)
- Cvent, Pardot, Cisco WebEx
- Bilingual (English – French)
The C.D. Howe Institute is Canada's leading economic think tank. It is an independent not-for-profit organization whose overarching mission is to raise Canadians’ living standards by fostering economically sound public policies. Non-partisan in nature and national in scope, the Institute commissions authoritative peer-reviewed papers by recognized experts on emerging issues and organizes and convenes policy events that bring together private and public sector leaders. The C.D. Howe Institute’s events program is positioned to host both in-person and virtual events, including webinars, roundtable lunches, conferences and signature dinners.
If you want to know more about us and our amazing team, check us out at: https://www.cdhowe.org/
How to Apply
We look forward to hearing from interested candidates. To apply, please submit your application at https://cdhowe.bamboohr.com/careers/2 .We thank all applicants for their interest.
We look forward to receiving and reviewing your application!
C.D. Howe Institute welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We are dedicated to building a more diverse and inclusive team that supports the people and communities that we serve and where we live. We embrace everyone and encourage job applications from every community.