Event Planner/Senior Event Planner, Programs
The C.D. Howe Institute is Canada's leading economic think tank. It is an independent not-for-profit organization whose overarching mission is to raise Canadians’ living standards by fostering economically sound public policies. Non-partisan in nature and national in scope, the Institute commissions authoritative peer-reviewed papers by recognized experts on emerging issues and hosts meetings that bring together private and public sector leaders. The C.D. Howe Institute’s events program is positioned to host both in-person and virtual events in 2022, including webinars, roundtable lunches, conferences and signature dinners.
Summary of position:
Reporting to the Manager, Programs, the Event Planner/Senior Event Planner coordinates and executes logistics for the Institute’s policy events. These events include in-person events and webinars. The ideal candidate has 4-5 years of experience as an event planner (for the Senior Event Planner position), is a self-motivated team player who is organized and diligent. The position requires a polished communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Manage a high-volume portfolio of 30-40 events over the year and support event logistics for the remaining events in the program.
- Contribute to the financial management of events, including creating, sending, and following up on registration invoices.
- Coordinate speaking engagements throughout the planning process.
- Create effective event materials including event marketing and website posting.
- Conduct attendee registration and outreach using an internal registration system and database.
- Execute events including A/V management (for in-person events) and attendee registration.
- Manage catering and supplier negotiations and relations.
- Travel and execute event logistics for Institute events in Montreal, Ottawa, and Calgary, as well as in Toronto.
- Assist with the development and implementation of new event programming and strategies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4-5 years of experience with event logistics and customer service (for the Senior Event Planner position).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- A team player who is organized, diligent, and pays attention to detail.
- You must be self-motivated, adaptable and capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and Publisher.
- An interest in public policy issues.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, Cvent, Pardot, and Cisco WebEx.
- Experience with event logistics for webinars.
- Bilingualism (English/French).
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Wednesday October 27th, 2021.
The position is based in Toronto and involves travel to Montreal, Ottawa and Calgary. Title and salary will be commensurate with experience.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.