Manager, Communications and Public Affairs
The C.D. Howe Institute, a leading Canadian public policy research institute, seeks a Manager, Communications and Public Affairs, to join its leadership team.
Reporting to either the COO or the Editor and VP Media, depending on the candidate’s experience, the Communications Manager maintains and builds the visibility and reputation of the Institute, its research, and its activities. With the support of three direct reports, the Manager, Communications and Public Affairs will:
- Develop communications and public affairs strategies and tactics against a publishing, event and editorial calendar
- Drive awareness, engagement, readership and participation in the Institute’s research, events and membership offerings and work collaboratively with these teams to support goals
- Oversee and develop channels and products such as the Institute’s website, media releases, emails, letters, articles, infographics, videos, podcasts, and social media communications
- Engage Canadian thought leaders in the Institute’s work by instituting a public affairs strategy
- Manage the Institute’s communication team and budget, and relationships with external and internal partners
- Participate in the Institute’s management committee
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 7 years of related experienced with a demonstrated record of success in a position of similar scope and responsibility
- A postsecondary degree, diploma or certificate in communications, public relations or related field
- A strong understanding of public policy and a commitment to high-quality, non-partisan work
- A background in website design and maintenance, as well as digital and email marketing
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Fluency in French is desirable but not required
To Apply: We look forward to hearing from interested candidates. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those being interviewed will be contacted.