Employment Opportunity: Grant Writer
The C.D. Howe Institute is an independent not-for-profit organization that aims to raise Canadians’ living standards by fostering economically sound public policies. It is a trusted source of essential policy intelligence, with research that is rigorous, evidence-based, and expert-reviewed.
The Institute is seeking a full-time Grant Writer to support its funding raising initiatives.
Reporting to the Director of Research Advancement, the incumbent will write departmental and/or institutional grant proposals; research potential funding sources, and work with databases while supporting Institute staff in the development of related correspondence and the solicitation of and stewardship of grants.
- Identify and research potential supporters (foundations, corporations, organizations);
- Develop and write funding proposals and applications;
- Prepare donor impact reports within agreed upon timelines;
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of particular areas involved in identifying and soliciting grants;
- Coordinate project activities; prepare and process correspondence, presentation materials and manuscripts; maintain funding opportunity database, activity tracking system, and related confidential files;
- Consult colleagues and attend meetings to identify and prioritize potential funding projects and coordinate grant preparation and delivery;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Undergraduate degree (ideally in social sciences, business or communications). In addition, a certificate or diploma in fundraising will be considered an asset;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- A strong understanding of public policy and a commitment to high-quality, non-partisan work. Experience in a government agency is preferred.
- Knowledge of grant application processes and writing of successful applications.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative and utilize ingenuity in preparing grant/loan applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop, write and implement strategic plans and ability to provide necessary documentation to support grant requirements.
- Excellent software skills and proficiency with CRM software and Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate proficiently in French is an asset.
To Apply: We look forward to hearing from interested candidates. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Only those being interviewed will be contacted.