The C.D. Howe Institute Seeks a Research Assistant
The C.D. Howe Institute, Canada’s leading independent, non-partisan public policy research institute, seeks a Research Assistant to join its research team on a full-time, permanent basis. The role offers a unique opportunity to inform debates over economic policy in Canada. This position reports to an Associate Director of Research and will work under their guidance and those of other senior research team members to provide research support on a project-by-project basis.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a bachelor´s degree in economics, public policy or another quantitative field of study (a master's degree or 1-2 years’ experience would be an asset)
- a solid grounding and demonstrated research capability on Canadian financial, macroeconomic, industrial organization, energy and environmental, and/or labour policy topics
- an active interest in Canadian policy issues, with general knowledge of Canadian history, politics, public finance and government institutions
- excellent oral and written communication, with an ability to explain complex concepts to specialist and non-specialist audiences (bilingualism would be an asset)
- proficiency with data analysis in Microsoft Excel and use of statistical software (e.g., Stata)
Salary will reflect training and experience. The Institute welcomes applicants from a wide range of backgrounds. Interested candidates should forward their resume along with a covering letter, preferably via e-mail and no later than December 2, 2020 to:
Personnel Manager, C.D. Howe Institute, 300-67 Yonge Street, Toronto M5E 1J8
Please visit our website at www.cdhowe.org
The C.D. Howe Institute thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.